LHC Structural Engineers is currently accepting resumes for a structural engineer or structural intern engineer with with 5 to 10 years of experience. Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (BSCE) with an emphasis in structures; a Master’s Degree in Civil/Structural (MSCE) is preferred. PE registration is preferred. Candidates should have an interest in complex building structures. Experience with RAM Structural System, RAM Elements, RISA 3D, Tekla Structural Designer, Tekla Tedds or other structural software is required. Experience with Revit is a plus. Candidates must have strong communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Independently lead and manage small to medium sized projects from conceptual phase through construction administration.
- Perform critical roles on large, complex projects with limited supervision.
- Perform design and analysis of gravity and lateral systems for building structures; framing systems include structural steel, reinforced concrete, load bearing masonry and some timber, precast concrete and cold formed metal studs.
- Provide direction and oversight to drafters and engineers in the production of construction documents.
- Perform construction administration tasks including submittal review, responses to RFI’s, jobsite observation and review of change orders and pay applications.
- Assist in the preparation of cost estimates and analyzing material costs and quantities.
- Collaborate with architects, MEP engineers and owners in developing design solutions and problem solving.
- Perform field investigations and surveys of existing facilities; prepare reports of findings and recommendations.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Raleigh, NC
Date of Posting: May 20, 2019
Please email your resume, project list and cover letter to: